We dare you to say we don’t live in a rape culture.
Amazingly, not The Onion:
“[W]e now have young men telling Bloomberg News that they basically view their female peers as rape bombs just waiting to explode and ruin their lives.”
I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT THE ONION
"Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders"
it’s better to have all men take on this responsibility even if it means one less person gets raped
I love paintings where the paint is used as more than just color. The texture on this is delicious.
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.
So did anyone hear about the officer who placed a woman under arrest for breastfeeding in NYC? She went to get on her bus, he pulled her back by the collar of her shirt, and as a result she dropped her 3 month old baby. He still placed her under arrest while her baby was lying on the concrete with a cracked skull. Her daughter died at the hospital while she was at the police station. He’s on PAID leave.
Around a week ago, my friend’s 5-year-old cat Sprinkles was diagnosed with an ear canal polyp, which is essentially a cancerous growth. Her family is struggling to pay the bills right now trying to put two kids through college and support three family members in their 90s, so there’s no way they can afford the operation to have the polyp removed. If the polyp isn’t removed, it will eventually lead to Sprinkles’ death, which will happen slowly.
I’ve known this cat as long as I’ve known my friend, and she is one of the sweetest cats I’ve ever met. Many people would be devastated if she died, but I think their dog Harley would be the most upset. Ever since Sprinkles was a kitten, Harley made it his purpose in life to protect her. Whenever she goes to the vet, he sits in his bed and cries until she gets back, and whenever he goes for a walk, Sprinkles sits in the window sill in the front of the house waiting.
The vet has given them an estimate of $1600 for the operation and the medication she’ll need for a few weeks post-op, so I’m turning to the internet for help (with the blessing of my friend’s mother, of course). Every dollar counts. Please, please, please consider a donation to help this cat. If you can’t donate, every reblog helps this post reach more people who might be able to.
Here is the link to the GoFundMe. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
This is the incident report that the Ferguson police just produce. Now if you don’t know, this morning they FINALLY named the killer of Michael Brown as Darren Wilson. Along with naming Darren as the killer, the Ferguson police are now trying to link Michael Brown with a robbery that happened supposedly MOMENTS before.
Michael was killed at 12:01 and this robbery was at 11:54.
There are so many questions.
- We’ve seen the surveillance photos they’ve produced that shows someone who looks like Michael being aggressive with a store owner over an apparent box of swishers. (If you don’t know, Swishers are cigar papers you can pick up for like…2 for .50.
- They are saying that Officer Darren Wilson was responding to that robbery.
- They are calling it an STRONG ARMED ROBBERY
- A strong armed robbery is using, involving, or threatening the use of physical force or violence to gain an objective:
- Okay, got that bullshit out of the way
- The dispatch tapes that were released mention NOTHING ABOUT A ROBBERY.
- NOT ONE WORD
- THE ONLY THING MENTIONED WAS A SHOOTING AND REQUEST FOR CROWD CONTROL.
- THAT’S IT
- So how did Officer Wilson FIND OUT about the robbery?
- They’ve now listed Dorian Johnson (THE ONLY OTHER EYEWITNESS WHO WAS THERE) as the second accomplice to the robbery.
- The same Dorian Johnson who has been trying (in vain) to talk with the Ferguson Police Department about Michael’s Death since LAST SATURDAY.
- So this man who is this SECOND SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY CASE IS PLEADING WITH YOU AND IS ALL OVER NATIONAL NEWS AND YOU ARE REFUSING TO SEE HIM. BUT HE’S A SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY. OKAY
- When Officer Wilson sees both Michael and Dorian his initial reaction was "GET THE FUCK ON THE SIDEWALK."
- Not any kind of reaction dealing with them being robbery suspects.
- From some of the pictures (I’m not going to post them due to the family’s wishes) if you compare the footage from the store and the footage from Michael’s death, he’s swapped from Nike sandals to Sneakers. This red hat cannot be found (this is speculation).
- If the reason Office Wilson approached them was because they were suspects in an robbery WHY DIDN’T HE CALL IT IN? WHY DIDN’T HE FOLLOW PROCEDURE? WHY WOULD HE ROLL UP ON ROBBERY SUSPECTS IN HIS VEHICLE? WHY DID IT TAKE 6 DAYS FOR THIS TO BE ANNOUNCED?
I implore you. IMPLORE YOU to take a look into the presented facts of the case. This is just an incident report, we do not have access to the investigative report. There has been no reports presented of Michael’s autopsy and this report is contradictory of the second eye witnesses report.
None of this makes sense.
They are putting Michael on trial to dehumanize him, villify him, to make him less human to justify his murder.
And at the end of the day, LET’S JUST SAY MICHAEL DID DO THIS…is petty theft (it was like 5 swisher sweets they say. That’s a two dollars and fifty sense) IS HIS MURDER, HIS EXECUTION, THIS UNARMED SURRENDING TEENAGE BOY, justified by this?
This is murder. Don’t let them put Michael on trial for HIS DEATH.
"Underneath the footprints it says “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good” in clear UV-reactive ink"
The Harry Potter geek in me just freaked out.
Video: Tiny Birthday Party for a Tiny Hedgehog
The Lakes of Mount Kelimutu, Indonesia are considered to be the resting place for departed souls, the lakes are locally referred to as “the lake of evil spirits”. All 3 lakes change colour from blue to green to black or red unpredictably.
Fun fact: The popsicle grew in the new epsiode
Did Kurt and Courtney invent the bathroom selfie?
You sing along to Panic At The Disco or you hop out of my car and walk
by Fall Out Boy
if you don’t understand why this is funny, I don’t think I can explain it to you.
by Panic! At The Disco